Technical assistance required for project promoting more sustainable natural resource management throughout Africa.
The overall objective of this project is to promote more sustainable management of natural resources by improving the decision-making process through provision of additional pertinent information.
The specific objective is to improve the capacity of African policy-makers and planners to design, implement, and monitor national, regional and continental policies and to promote sustainable management of natural resources through the use of Earth Observation (EO) data and derived information.
• Access to EO data is maintained, improved and sustained
• An EO-based African service for monitoring and management of water resources and natural resources adequately informs policy makers and other end-users
• An EO-based information service for monitoring and management of marine and coastal environments adequately informs policy makers and other end-users
• Capacities of African public institutions and private sector to deal with EO-based information for water and natural resources and marine and coastal applications are enhanced at regional and national level
• Policy makers, administrators, entrepreneurs, scientists and civil society active at regional, national and local levels in Africa are aware of opportunities provided by EO data and geospatial information technologies and rely on them for decision-making